The Department of zoology was established in the year 1954 with BiPC Combination at Intermediate Level. In 1960 BZC was included with English and Telugu medium Combination at UG.
Later, with the advancements of Life Sciences, the Department of Microbiology was established in the year 1997.
Curriculum designed according to Osmania University syllabus.
As a part and parcel of our curriculum we make the syllabi viable to the students by following semester system.
Effective teaching methodologies are followed by regular assessment for the gainful employment in the next higher levels. Progressive support is rendered towards the welfare of students by facilitating and guiding through various placement cells.
Many students have joined in PG courses in Osmania University and Affiliated colleges and Central University perusing higher studies. Many of the students have been placed in various jobs as Faculty, lab technicians, Hospital Management fields etc.
Question Bank Workshop is introduced in the year 2015 Internal assessments in theory & Practicals
- To introduce new combination in life sciences.
- To organize field trips to scientific institutions, National parks etc.
- Tie up with diagnostic centers & industries.
- To establish a Research lab for staff & students.
Zoology & Microbiology Departments are provided with four spacious and well equipped laboratories with infrastructure.
The Laboratories are equipped with Microscopes such as trinocular, binocular, compound, dissecting, stage microscopes, OHP, Slide projector, Colorimeter, PH meter, Laminar air flow, BOD incubator, Autoclave, Hot air oven, Distillation plant, Digital balance,DSL Camera, Refrigerator, Colony counters, Centrifuges and various equipment for dissections/culture isolations.
The Department maintains Museum with around 2000 specimens with unique collection of rare specimens, fine leathered, wooden and clay animal models which is star attraction of the Department.
- The curriculum offered by The Department of Zoology for UG programme reflects adequate academic standards. The syllabi help to provide required knowledge and develop relevant practical skills.
- 1988-89- Introduction of Internal Assessment Examinations.
- 1996-97-Aquaculture was implemented as an elective course in Applied Zoology to enhance employability, Field Trips and Project works were made compulsory for the III Year students.
- 2005-06- Introduced Classroom Seminars for I, II, & III year students.
- 2006-07- Introduced Project Works for III year students. CBEP (ContinuousBiologyEvaluationProgramme) was implemented in Practicals.
- 2007-08-Wild life topics were included to impart knowledge and practice to protect the Engangered, Rare and Threatened species in India.
- 2008-09-End chapter assignments were introduced.
- 2009-10-Insect pests were introduced for I years in view of Agricultural Importance, pest management and motivation towards Research.
- 2010-11-A topic on Immunization schedule was introduced in Applied Zoology to impart awareness of health care excellence.
- 2011-12-Introduced life Science Project works for I & II year students. Biotechnology and Clinic Science was implemented in addition to Aquaculture in Applied Zoology for III Year.
- 2012-13-Introduced CBCS system, Recasting of Syllabus in theory & Practicals as per CBCS format.
- 2013-14-Biodiversity topc included in II year syllabus aiming to protect, preserve and propagate the nature’s importance.
- 2014-15-Cholosterol and its significance in cardio-vascular problems was included in III Year Clinical Science keeping in view of the importance and care to protect health in younger generation.
- 2015-16-Reinclusion of dissections with easily available, cultivable species such as fish and prawn.
The Departments has designed need based employable curriculum and to train, inculcate research culture among students and also providing an exposure for innovative methods of teaching and encouragement for creativity and innovations. Educational field trips were organized to encourage students and to present work.
|1.||Ms.S.Anitha||Assistant Professor||Zoology||13yrs||NSS-Programme Officer|
|2.||Dr.J. Achyutha Devi||Assistant Professor||Zoology||24 yrs||Served as Controller Of Examinations 2011-2015|
|3.||Dr.N. Vijayalakshmi||Assistant Professor||Zoology||11 yrs||—-|
|4.||Ms.A.Ch.Pradyutha||Assistant Professor||Micro-Biology||9 yrs||NSS-Programme OfficerLibrary Committee member|
|5.||Ruhi Afreen||Assistant Professor||Micro-Biology||4 yrs||Membert of Indian Journal News Letter;Member in Poor aid fund committeec|
For further queries : firstname.lastname@example.org