The College provides Hostel facility on the Campus to cater to the needs of students coming from rural areas. The hostel has:
- 145 rooms which accommodate 400 students.
- A spacious dining hall
- Solar water heating system
- Hostel library with newspaper and textbook sections
- Common room with TV, DVD player and Gym equipment
- 24 hours security
- Campus playground
- Indoor games, Table Tennis, Chess
- Free training in tailoring and embroidery
Hyderabad Mahila Vidya Sangham (HMVS) is a non- profit educational society, established in 1954, with a vision to empower the girl students of rural Telangana State through higher education. HMVS founded a residential Girls’ Hostel exclusively for the girl students of the Colleges run by the Society. The Hostel was inaugurated on 28th July, 1965 by Smt.Indira Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India. It was named after Sri K.V.Ranga Reddy, former Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, who was a veteran of many reformist movements in Telangana. The Hostel is governed by a “Hostel Management Committee” constituted by HMVS.
Admission to the Hostel:
- The girl students of graduate, post-graduate and research degree programmes in the Colleges run by HMVS only are eligible for admission to K.V.Ranga Reddy Girls’ Hostel (hereafter called the Hostel).
- The Hostel has limited accommodation for 300 students only and the admissions are on the basis of ‘merit-cum- preference’ of the student.
- If a Boarder seeks admission in the Hostel for second and subsequent years of study, she should register afresh at the beginning of each academic year. The admission is based on merit and applicants’ good conduct as a boarder.
- Students whose parents reside in the municipal limits of Greater Hyderabad are not eligible for Notwithstanding what has been mentioned in rule 2 above, students from outside the State of Telangana will be given preference for admission in the Hostel.
- Admissions to the Hostel are usually made in the beginning of the academic The schedule of admission and the number of vacancies –College, course and category-wise will be notified on the notice-board of the Hostel. The students desirous of joining the Hostel should obtain Registration/admission form together with the manual from Hostel office after payment of a non- refundable fee towards the cost of Registration/admission in the office.
- A student who is admitted to the Hostel should pay the prescribed fee on or before the notified date, failing which her admission will be Admissions thus cancelled will be allotted to the applicants in the waiting list.
- Admission to the Hostel is valid for the academic year in which the student is admitted in the College, and so long as she continues as a bonafide student of that College. The Hostel admission will expire automatically, and without any further notice, on the last day of the academic calendar or if the boarder ceases to be a student, whichever is earlier. The boarder should vacate the Hostel within three (3) days from the date of
- The maximum number of years a student is eligible to reside in the hostel as a boarder are the same as the duration of the course of her