Department of Commerce Extension Activity
- Students of B.Com III year C section have visited a slum area on 19th January, 2019 in Secunderabad and gathered the uneducated women there and explained them about the importance of health and health insurance. They also have briefed there about hygiene and how to maintain cleanliness in the surroundings. Most of the women are unaware of Health insurance and they were impressed to gain knowledge about it. They have expressed their opinion about the aspects related to health and Health Insurance.
- Students of B.Com IIIyear (General and computers) have visited Madapati Hanumantha Rao Girls High School, Narayanguda on 30th January, 2019. They have explained the students of X class about the Career Oppurtunities in commerce.They also briefed the students about the various programmes like Chartered Accounting,Company Secretaries,Management programmes which will help the students in building their career.Students of Xclass were so enthusiastic in knowing about the oppurtunities in commerce and interacted very well.They expressed their opinion that they could gain knowledge related to professional courses in commerce.
- students of B.Com II& IIIyear (computers) have visited an area in Narayanguda on 18th January, 2019 and gathered the people around. The students have interacted with the gathering and discussed with them about Fitness. They also explained about how to be fit in daily life. They have covered the other aspects like balanced diet, regular exercise with the help of a chart the gathering consisted of housewives and they have shown interest in knowing about the importance of fitness and clarified their doubts. The women have expressed their opinion that they would like to follow the suggestions made by the students and concentrate on fitness. Students of B.Com were responded that the women have responded positively
- 10 Students from B.Com along with faculty members have done an outreach programme by providing one-day meals to 30 children at BAAS Orphan home on 9th Feb 2019.
- 15 students from B.com along with faculty member have done an outreach programme by providing breakfast to 500 people at KOTHI, NIMS and NILOFER hospitals on 8th March 2019.
- Department of Commerce has organized an extension activity on 9-7-2019. Sowmya Rajeshwari (Alumni), Soft Skills Trainer in Image Consultancy (ICBI) has given a lecture on Soft Skills and Resume preparation.
An Extension Activity was organized by Department of Commerce through Commerce Club (AKRAYA) on 15th July, 2019. Students of B.Com II & III year visited Spoorthi Foundation at Vidyanagar. They have made the children participate in activities like Group Discussion and various other tasks.
- To indentify the inner talents and creativity among the children and motivate them to improve their skills.
- To make the children understand the importance of Time Management.
Target: Children of age group between 8 to 12 years.
A Report on Extension Activity Conducted By Department of Commerce on 27-11-2015
An Extension Activity was conducted by Department of Commerce on 27th Nov 2015. The students of B.Com I Year, Bhagya, Nandini Thakur, Greeshma, Aruna, Srividya, Malathi accompanied by the faculty member K.Swathi have gone to Baghlingampally to conduct an Extension Activity. The Students have gathered the Uneducated Women in one of their houses near Govt.School. The Girls with the help of charts have explained the gathering of Women about the saving bank account, Fixed Deposits, Recurring Deposits. They have also made them understand how to open a savings Bank account, and the importance of savings. The Gathering of Women who interested in knowing about the Savings and different kinds of accounts and clarified their doubts. They were very happy and satisfied with the information provided to them.
A Report on Extension Activity Conducted By Department of Commerce on 26-08-2016
An Extension Activity was organized by B.Com II Year students on 26-08-2016. Students of B.Com II Year Ridhi, Swathi, Ravalli, Anusha, P.Navya, V.Navya, Nikitha, and Srinidhi have conducted an extension activity near police station Kachiguda. Students have gathered the women who are house wives in one of their houses in kachiguda and explained them about E-Commerce. They have prepared the charts showing the advantages and application of E-Commerce.
Students have explained the gathering about the importance of E-Commerce and the role played by different E-Commerce stores. The Women gathered don’t have any knowledge about E-Commerce and they were very enthusiastic in knowing about it and to what extent it is useful in day to day activities. Students also have explained them how to do the transactions with the help of personal computer or sitting in front of a system, and how to download the different apps that provide the services of E-Commerce. The woman was very much satisfied with the presentation of the students and some of them have started doing online transactions immediately.
A Report on Extension Activity Conducted By Department of Commerce on 10-08-2017
An Extension activity was conducted by department of Commerce on 10-08-2017. Students of B.Com III Year Sneha das, Vidhi Purohit ,Deepika, Monika, Supriya, Manisha, Shivani, Hadiya, Pravalika, Vaishnavi accompanied by Ms.Vijaylakshmi & Ms.Ameena have visited an area near Nrupatunga College Barkatpura.The Students have explained the gathering about the importance of Life Insurance Policies, different kinds of Life Insurance Policies with the help of charts prepared by them. They also have explained to the gathering of women about five insurance, general insurance, and health insurance. The Women gathered have shown lot of interest in knowing about various life insurance policies and health insurance. Mostly they have enquired about the various insurance policies. The Students have explained to them about different kinds of health insurance policies & clarified their doubts.
A Report on Extension Activity Conducted By Department of Commerce on 10-07-2017
An Extension activity was conducted by department of Commerce on 10-07-2017.Students of B.Com General & Computers Pooja, Dolly, Ravali, Maheshwari, Guna priya , kavya, Zuveria, Karishma Modani, Sukanya ,Anitha, Vinaya, Vatsalya accompined by the faculty members S.Salomi & K.Swathi have visited an area near chadarghat bridge and assembled the women who do not have any knowledge . The girls have prepared two charts containing the information about goods & service tax (GST) and how it is implemented. They have explained about the benefits and limitations of GST and the rates on different sectors in the economy. The Students have put in good effort in explaining about GST and make them understand about it and clarified their doubts. The women gathered were very enthusiastic in knowing about the goods and services tax and the effects of it. They who impressed by single tax system in the country.