The IQAC has contributed significantly to institutionalizing quality assurance strategies and Processes.They are as follows:
- MIS:The M IS is designed to provide inputs to the Mnaagement on key parameters on areal time basis.The information provided will help in monitoring and deceiosn making by the mgt.
The MIS collects data with regard to curriculum, academic programs,research activities etc from the department and units , which is analysed , and presented through statistical tools .The information generated can be shared with the Mgt,IQAC and the concerned units
- SQC: The SQC has been established with the objective of involving students ,the primary stakeholders in Quality sustenance and enhancement of the Institution.The SQC comprises of students from various programs. The SQC has been established on 14th September 2015.
The SQC meetings are held every fortnight. And wide range of issues were discussed and acted upon. The meetings generated ideas for enhancing Quality culture such as promoting ethical values, learning innovations, establishing clubs for tapping talent, promoting reading habits, eco- consciousness, etc
- Comprehensive Feedback Mechanism:The Feedabck mechanism has been designed to be comprehensive in terms of its coverage of v arious areas of assessment and also the stakeholders.Feedback is collected from students, parents, alumni, industry/Institutions,Academic peers and Faculty .
Feedback from students is collected on various areas such s Teaching quality, functioning of various academic and administsrative units of the collge, Infrstructural and physical facilities, Curriculum, Student support etc
The tools adopted for collection of feedback include, structured formats from students , Online Feedback,Suugesstion Boxes ,SQc meetings etc .
- Internal Academic Audit: An Internal Aacdemic Audit is conducted once in two years.The Committee comprises of two external members , who are academicians of repute and two internal members.
The Committee evaluates the academic processes in the college and its a report. Action is taken on the report by the management.
- RAC: IQAC establishing the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) in the Academic year 2014-2015,with the objective of promoting ,guiding and monitoring the research activities of the staff in the college.The RAC has been instrumental in the framing of guidelines for grant of financial assistance for research.The planned and concerted actions of RAC have resulted in
- GC Minor Research Projects
- Conduct of FDPs: The IQAC has conducted faculty development programs to enhance quality in many areas.Some of the programs are as follows:
- ‘Innovations in Teaching Methodology ‘, By Prof,Mrunalini,
- Professor, IASE, Dept of Education, OU- on 12-9-2014
- ‘Comminication skills for Professional Excellence’, By Prof.Mohanraj,
- Professor, EFLU- on 5-11-2014
- ‘ Journals and Publications’, By Dr.Achala, Associate Professor, Dept of Library,OU – on 7-11-2014
- ‘ Selecting Project ideas’ by Radhakrishna, Senior Scientist, IICT – on 19-11-2014
- “Team Skills’ by Prof. Beena, Dept. of Psychology, O.U. and Coordinator Sahayam Counselling Center on – 25-03-2015
- “Effective Mentoring” by Prof. Beena, Dept. of Psychology, O.U. and Coordinator Sahayam Counselling Center on – 27-03-2015
- Organising seminars/Workshops:The IQAC organized seminars such as ‘Implementation of CBCS-Prospects and challenges ‘; ‘Round Table Meet on Autonomous Status’ ;’Students Participation in Quality enahancement ‘ etc
- Standardisation: The IQAC has standardized various processing such as reporting formats, BoS minutes, Evaluation of research proposals submitted to RAC, Feedback forms, Assessment of Learning Levels at the Entry Level, Teaching Plans ,Evaluation of POs,PSOs,Cos etc bringing about uniformity which is a prerequisite for monitoring quality and thereby enhancing it .
- Teaching Plans : The IQAC designed the Teaching plans with focus on Teaching inputs and teaching methodologies especially student centric methodologies adopted , with an objective to monitor and enhance the teaching learning process.
- Lab Manuals: To ensure a structured methodology for students,the IQAC ensured the preparation of Lab Manuals by the Science DEpartements.
- Teaching Innovations:To encourage Innovations in Teaching the various steps undertaken were,conduct of faculty development programs on the topic, organizing brainstorming sessions with the HoDs and faculty on the innovative teaching –learning methods,including ICT methods
- Entry Level Assessment of learning levels of students : The IQAC has planned and implemented a standardized method of Assessment of differential learning levels of students in the entry level through an Aptitude cum ability test. The test is designed and conducted by the respective Departments and a report is submitted to the IQAC.
- Evaluation of PO’s,PSOs, and Cos: A method for evaluating the attainment of POs,PSOs and Cos has been designed and implemented. The method ensures the evalauation of the Cos vis-à-vis the PSOs at the faculty level, evaluation of PSOs at the HoDs level and the POs at the Principal level.These help in assessment of the effectiveness of teaching –learning process.
- Meetings and Reports from Committees,Centres,Cells: The IQAC monitors the functioning of the committees, Cells an centres through conducting meetings and monitoring the reports they submit.
- Weekly reports on Teaching: The IQAC introduced weekly reporting by HoDs on monitoring teaching quality with a focus on the teaching methods employed.A structured format has been designed for the purpose.
- Establishment of Centres: The IQAC established various centres and cells:
- Entrpreneurship Development Cell (EDC) to create awareness and motivate students towards self-employment
- ‘SAHITA’Psychological Counselling is established in association with ‘SAHAYAM’ Counselling Centre,Osmania University , to protect and promote the psychological wellbeing of the students to enable them to tap and develop their innate potential to emerge into able citizens of the nation and the world
- The following centres have been planned and established through the IQAC, effectively implemented and mmanaged by the Departemnts:
- Centre for Digital Literacy
- Centre for Fiancial Literacy
- Centre for Health and Nutrition
- Reports from Labaratories : Monitoring the laboratory equipment and maintanence through Submission of Reports by the Head of the respective Department
- Lab Manuals : The Science Departments prepared the Lab Manuals for effective conduct of practicals .
- Meetings with HoDs and Faculty : Regular meetings with the HoDs and faculy are held to discuss various aspects and measures towards quality enhancement.
- News letter: A newsletter to disseminate information to students is preperaed and released by a committee .
- Library Practices: The IQAC promoted few healthy practices in the Libraries.It was suggested that a compendium of Faculty publications be prepared,and stored in the D-Space , to be accessible to all the faculty and students.
- Research and Statistical Databases :The databases collected and compiled by the IQAC made available in the libarray and on the website to promote research based assignments ,projects ,case studies etc
- Green Practices including Green Audit: : Planned and organized the Green Audit in conjunction with the Dept of Botany,Physics, Electronics,Chemistry,Computer science and Zoology
- Establishment of Media Centre: The Media Centre acts as the nodal point for collecting from and disseminating news and events of the Institution to the stakeholders