NCC Activities Report for the year 2015-16
Battalion name :- 1 Telangana Girls Bn NCC
Name of the ANO ( Associate NCC Officer) :- Lt.E.M.Sunitha
- The Cadets gave Guard of Honour to the Deputy Chief Minister of the state of Telangana, Mr. Kadiyam Srihari on June 29th who was the chief guest to discuss on implementing the CBCS pattern in UG for state of telangana.
- NCC cadets have performed parade on August 15th independence day celebrations.
- NCC cadets have actively participated in Raja Bahadur Venkat Rama reddy Birthday celebrations on August 22nd.
- The students have participated in international yoga on June 21stheld at parade grounds
- The students visited Girls Juvenile Home located at Nimboliadda, Kachiguda on 19th Sept 2015.
- NCC sub unit competitions were held at R.B.V.R.Reddy Womens College from Sept 21st to Sept 23rd 2015 eight colleges have participated and the college got 1st position in Group dance , 2nd in Group song and Drill.
- Spandana ,Sgt.Pooja srivastav and Sgt. Meghana verma participating in Republic day Parade to be held at New Delhi from Dec 20th to Feb 4th 2015- 16.
- N.Mounika participated in All India Tal Sainik Camp Held at New Delhi from Sept 18th to 29th -2015
- All the 140 cadets attended Annual training camp held in the year 2015-2016
- 35 cadets participated in one day adventure camp Rappling and trekking held at Konda maddugu(Bhongir)onoct18th
- Naveena. Sgt. Sravani and Sgt. A.Niharika participated in SNIC Camp Held at Kakinada from Oct 17th to 26th -2015.
- A.Niharika participated in All India Girls trekking Expedition camp Held at Ajmer Rajasthan from Nov 18th to 29th -2015.
- 50 cadets contingent has performed Parade in Sky Fest held at Gachibowli Stadium on Dec 23rd
NCC has started during Academic year 2000 with Mrs.Uma, Lecturer in History as NCC caretaker R.B.V.R.Reddy Womens College. She was replaced with Mrs. E.M.Sunitha Lecturer in Botany as care taker in the year 2002 June, and got commissioned as Lieutenant 2004. She was also awarded as The “Best ANO “continuously for 3 yrs from 2005-08 with cash prize of Rs 1000/- by the unit. The NCC parades will be held on every Sundays, The PI staff from the unit will teach the Training programme.
In all NCC camps, the cadets experience the thrill and joy of outdoor and community living. Camps also assist in developing camaraderie, team work,group cohesion,leadership,self confidence and self reliance, Centrally organized/national camps contribute immensely
Towards promoting national integration. These camps widen the horizons of the young cadets and bridge the cultural gaps, break regional, religious and language barriers among the youth. The cadets are forever in the forefront for rendering social service and in community development activities
YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
Youth Exchange Programme is conducted by NCC as an integration of cadets with the youth of different countries-Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Canada and Russia.During this programme cadets carry out community development work and study history, culture and Socio-Economic conditions of the country visited.
Apart from the above camps all the Cadets have to attend the Annual Training Camps every year for a period of 10 days in order to get eligibility for ‘B’&’C’ certificate examination.
Each cadet attending the Annual Training camp will be given a practice of 5 Rounds using 0.22 Deluxe Rifle, which is a Life time remembrance for the cadets.
In all Annual Training Camp, under the supervision of I Andhra Girls Bn Commanding Officer, Social Service Programmes will be conducted.
The Social Service Activities are:
- BLOOD DONATIONCAMP
- TREE PLANTATION
- ANTI CORRUPTION RALLY
- GO-GREEN,SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT RALLY
- AIDS AWARENESS RALLY
- PULSE POLIO PROGRAMME
- SAVE GIRL CHILD PROGRAMME
- ANTI -HUMAN TRAFFICIKING DEBATE & ELOCUTION
- ANTI – TOBBACO DAY
- SAVE ELETRICITY
NCC Participations and Awards
|Name of the Event
|No. of camps
No. of participants
|Republic Day Camp,
|8||12||All India first Banner|
|All India Thal Sainik Camps||5||7||–|
|National Integration Camp||20||50||4|
|Mountaineering & Trekking Camps||6||20||–|
|Inter-directorate All India Shooting Competitions
|3||3||2 second positions in girls’ zonal shooting|
|Local Independence Day /
|Annual Training Camps||25||1200||20|
|World Military Games||1||20||–|
|Social Services activities||20||800||–|
* 95% – 100% results in ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificates every year