RBVRR Women’s College
Smt. Phoolbasan Bai Yadav
Padma Shri Smt. Phoolbasan Bai Yadav, Indian social worker and the founder of the non -governmental organization, Maa Bamleshwari Janhit Kare Samiti, is a modern day icon for her outstanding courage and contribution towards the growth of women and society. She was born in a poor family in Dhangaon, Chhattisgarh and married at the age of ten. Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi, she was determined to rise against the odds and free communities from corruption, dowry, poverty, caste discrimination, deadly diseases and several other social and cultural evils.
PHOLLBASAN BAI YADAV WECOMING POSTER
• Women self help group– In 2001, with the help of eleven women, Smt. Phoolbasan Bai Yadav formed Maa Bamleshwari Svayam Sahayata Samooha self help group consisting more than two lakh women with a turnover of forty crores. There are 13142 Mahila Svayam Sahayata Samooh under her leadership. These groups aim to financially and emotionally empower women.
• Cycle March: Smt. Phoolbasan Yadav was not allowed to go out for work, thus, as a mark of protest she started cycling. This initiative inspired almost 5000 women of the district to cycle and fight for empowerment of women.
• Establishment of soak pits: Started awareness campaigns against untouchability and initiated the water conservation drive by constructing soak pits. More than 20,000 soak pits have been made till date by the women with their own resources.
• Mahila Fauj for social justice: She has fought against narcotism and alcoholism, from 2001-02 in nearly 625 villages. At present Mahila Fauj formed by Smt. Yadav volunteer and report about any anti-social activity in about in 816 villages.
• Sanitation and health: Smt Yadav proposed toilets in villages and raised voice against the evils of open defecation.
• Against child marriage: Smt Yadav with the local administration of zila Panchayat successfully stopped 570 child marriages.
• Philanthropy: Padmshri Smt. Phoolbasan Bai was awarded Chhattisgarh Rajya Alankaranwith 1 lakh Rupees which she donated among 52 Below Poverty Line families and arranged for the education and food for their children.
• Former Member, State Yojana Aayog
• Govt. Of Chhattisgarh Nau Ratna ( Swachh Bharat)
• Member, Chhattisgarh Government, Chhattisgarh Sharab Committee.
• Minimaata Rajya Alankaran 2004-05 – Govt. Of Chhattisgarh.
• NABARD Award 2004-05 – NABARD RAIPUR
• Stri Shakti Samman 2009 –Women and Child Development Department Govt. Of INDIA.
• Vihaan 2009 – Zee 24 Ghant e Chhattisgarh
• Rajya Mahila Aayog Samman 2010 – State Women Commission Chhattisgarh
• Padma Shri Award 2012 – Govt. Of India
• S.R Jindal Award 2012 – Sitaram Jindal Foundation New Delhi
• Indian Proud Award 2013 –Dainik Bhaskar Group Madhya Pradesh
• Swachhta Samman 2016-17 (Water and Sanitation Ministry Govt. Of India)